Players rush to form a complete sandwich by combining their senses of vision & touch. They feel the depressions in one half of the sandwich & try to match it with the slice which has the raised parts visible to them. They collect points based on their speed, number of complete sandwiches & the number of shapes in each sandwich. The player with the maximum points wins the game.
There are a total of 15 sandwiches in the game. 15 bread slices, which are the top half of the sandwiches, have 1,2 or 3 shaped depressions. In these (thicker) slices, the shape has been punched out. The other 15 slices, which are the bottom half of the sandwiches (the thinner) slices have the punched out shapes affixed to them and appear as a raised structure.
Spread all the 40 bread slices on the table or on the floor and separate the top and bottom halves.
- Keep the top half of the sandwiches, which have shapes cut out from them face down.
- The bottom half of the sandwiches which have the raised shapes must be placed face up and be visible to all the players.
- Shuffle them around the table so no one knows which halves match. • There is no taking turns in this game; everyone plays together as fast as they can.
- Announce “Ready, get set go” and grab a top part of a sandwich. Do not turn it over but use your fingers to feel the shapes that have been punched out and create a depression. Pay attention to the number of depressions, their shapes and positions.
- Look for the bread slice that will match and correctly fit into this slice, completing a sandwich and grabbing a chef hat of the maximum value.
Continue playing to find more matching pieces to complete the sandwiches.
- On subsequent turns when you complete a sandwich, you also continue to pick up ‘Chef Hats’ of the highest value.
Or Play a game of memory or simple matching for the younger players.
- 30 MDF Bread Slices
- 6 chef hat tokens