5 tips to make Parenting Fulfilled
Raising kids is one of the toughest yet one of the most fulfilling jobs in the world. All young parents have apprehensions – but let me tell you – the parent who worries about being a good parent is already on the road to being one.The best way to parent is to take one day at a time, and enjoy the process!
Here are 5 tips that can help you feel more fulfilled as a parent:
- Make time for them:Time is the most precious gift that a parent can give their child.Children love the most to spend time with their parents, they learn from the parents and feel privileged.If you are working parent, schedule activities with their children – play-time in the park, a visit to the zoo on the weekend can be worked into any schedule.
- Help them steer away from negative thoughts and self-doubt by recognizing their good behavior:Kids, like everyone else, need a lot of love and motivation. Words of encouragement allow children to feel proud.This also develops a positive approach towards life.It is said that for every “no” a parent should provide 7 positive strokes like hugs, praise and appreciation.
- Praise Effort not results:Research has proven that when parents encourage efforts children tend to work harder than if the result is praised. So praise the effort your child makes to learn something new, or persist at learning at sport or a new skill.Don’t always worry about the outcome – not every child will be a sports and academic star! But every child can grow up to be a happy fulfilled adult.
- Discipline –Discipline always sets off alarm bells with parents who worry about being too hard on their children. All you need to keep in mind is to set rules and be consistent about them.In case a child doesn’t follow a rule, gently remind them of the rules and ask them to follow the rules the next time.
- Be a good role model to them; be kind and generous to others: The first learning kids get in life is from their parents.Actions speak louder than words; young children imitate you so treat children how you would like them to treat others. Express love, affection and compassion, so that they incorporate these traits in their lives.
Go ahead and enjoy the fulfilling journey of parenting because as they say ‘Time Flies’! One day soon you will look back and realize your small babies have grown up into adults in their own right!